Trying to cram enough into a few suitcases to sustain a family of four for what might be two weeks or more can be an enormous challenge. If you are traveling by plane, however, it is most certainly one that needs to be met if you are not going to see yourself landed with what are sometimes extortionate excess baggage fees. Here are a few tips to help you with the vacation packing dilemma.
- Check your luggage allowance with the airline in advance, and then pack so that you come as close to the allowance as possible without going over.
- A hard-sided suitcase can add up to 10 lbs to the total weight, so consider a soft-sided one instead.
- Roll or fold clothes neatly rather than just throwing them in. For one thing you will get lots more in, and for another you won’t have to deal with the creases when you get to your destination.
- Use underwear and smaller items of clothing to fill gaps between larger items.
- Cut down on the amount of clothing that you need to take by choosing coordinating items.
- If children are taking a favorite cuddly toy along, let them carry it instead of putting it in a suitcase. Not only will it be a source of comfort for the child in strange surroundings, but also it will save space.
- If possible, wear bulky jackets or footwear during the journey to save packing them.
AsheBridge Children’s Academy offers quality preschool education for our communities in Apex, Cary, Fuquay, Holly Springs, Angier, and surrounding areas. Contact us today to learn about all the fun things that set us apart from the other daycare and childcare centers.